Friday, January 15, 2010

Custom Trikes Would Love To Ride A Motorcycle But Disabled Please Help.?

Would love to ride a motorcycle but disabled please help.? - custom trikes

I have around bikes my whole life was, my father had and still has one and several members of the family they have. I am physically disabled, unable to move his legs at all, paralyzed from the waist down. I have some sites that have custom tricycle for disabled riders, but they are so damn expensive. Looking to buy a used motorcycle, ordinary and there was a tricycle, so you can mount it. The only problem is the engine side his legs in a pile of them, I'm about to burn his legs, because I can not feel worried. All ideas how I can do it, when you convert an ordinary bike into a tricycle and ride like the rest of my family?

6 comments:

azgreybe... said...

OK Check this out
I drive a VW trike on I belong to a group of brothers of the third round
www.btw-trikers.org

We have members in the United States and around the world can help the greatest number of our members are on the boat (sorry), there is a wealth of knowledge in our org. and direction of the manufacturer Theres also a forum and an area with hundreds of photos and do not become a member, you a favor and down and look around, as azgreybeard

slimcolo said...

Cheapest way is an old Honda 750 car and the left hand. Can be changed to a wheelchair sitting in a sidecar, see check out the links in the previous post for a similar picture. (the 750A had an automatic trans)

paul h said...

I know people who tikes motorized bicycles. You can get a bike for a couple of hundred including shipping. is four times what it wants, because they have a beginning, and then drag to start pedaling. to answer a good forum for all motor bikes motorbicycling.com and many of his comrades, help and questions

paul h said...

I know people who tikes motorized bicycles. You can get a bike for a couple of hundred including shipping. is four times what it wants, because they have a beginning, and then drag to start pedaling. to answer a good forum for all motor bikes motorbicycling.com and many of his comrades, help and questions

bluff mike said...

I saw a BMW motorcycle with sidecar, driven by a driver who was sitting in a wheelchair. The electric wheelchair is mounted on the flat part hoe. All controls are put in front of him in the regular drivers, with changes to electricity.
I can not say I have the platform, but not the only one on the street.

An alternative is a big motorcycle with sidecar.

artgrant... said...

I saw a motorcycle in a show that had to be modified for drivers with disabilities. It had a sidecar, which was like a small pendant. The tailgate will be allowed to fall, a ramp and had jaws on the floor to keep his wheelchair into position. The controls were in front of the sidecar.
Here is a link to something similar.
http://www.usatechguide.org/blog/adapted ...

Post a Comment